Despite updates being an essential thing for Windows, users always have second thoughts about updating the software as they’re prompted with countless update errors often and at this point, they are literally done with these frequent update errors. However, you need not worry, you can solve the update error 0x80070057 once and for all by using the solutions mentioned below.
How to fix the error code: 0x80070057?
Try Windows Update troubleshooter:
Windows troubleshooter update is a tool designed to eliminate any bugs related to Windows update.
To run the Windows update troubleshooter, follow the below-mentioned steps:
• Fist click Select Start
• Then click Settings
• Now select Update & Security
• Then click on Troubleshoot
• Then select Windows Update under Get up and running, and then select Run the troubleshooter.
Reset Windows update components:
• Press the Windows key + X key
• And run the command prompt as admin
• And then type in the following command
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
Ren C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren C:WindowsSystem32catroot2 Catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
• Let the command run and then restart your PC
Run an SFC and DSIM scan:
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- After SFC is scanned, type in the DSIM command mentioned below.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- After the command runs, restart your PC
If these solutions were helpful in fixing the update error 0x80070057 then please let us know in the comments section below.