You may be unable to update your Windows and a 0x80073701 error keep showing which is really annoying and obviously you want the solution to fix the error and peacefully update your Windows. Here are some ways that could help you to fix the error 0x80073701 and then you can go back on updating your Windows software.
1. Try Windows Update troubleshooter:
Windows troubleshooter update is a tool designed to eliminate any bugs related to Windows update and it works surprisingly well to fix the 0x80073701 error.
To run the Windows update troubleshooter follow the below mentioned steps:
• Fist click Select Start
• Then click Settings
• Now select Update & Security
• Then click on Troubleshoot
• Then select Windows Update under Get up and running, and then select Run the troubleshooter.
1. Run System File Scans and DISM:
Sometimes the Windows files become damaged or corrupted which result in 0x80073701 error to in order to solve it you’ve to run system file scan and DISM. Follow the below mention steps to do that:
• Open the command prompt by searching it and then select run as administrator
• Now its time to run the Deployment Image Servicing and Management utility
• Type in the following command and press the Enter key.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
• Now you’ve to run SFC command for that type the below mentioned command.
2. Check the date and time settings:
If you’re still facing the problem then you can try checking the date and time setting. If it’s not set to the correct date or time then manually set the date and time. Then check if the error is still showing or not.
More ways to fix the error 0x80073701:
• Try rebooting your Windows update service
• Try resetting Windows Update components
You can also check out the auto PC repair tool!