How to fix Windows Update error code 66a
If you want to know how to fix Windows Update error 66a? Do not worry! Windows Report Team has asked a working solution for you.
Windows users who have Windows Update error code 66a reportedly PC crashes, slow PC process, and Windows Update Error Code 66A .NET Framework prompt is displayed.
Solution 1: PC Scan for malware
Some Windows users usually ignore the warning message, and they click on a link provided in the email that contains the malware.
Meanwhile, the ideal step after that is to remove malware from your Windows PC by using MalwarebytesAdwCleaner.
This program is a free utility that will scan and remove PUPs from your computer.
Here’s how to download, install, and use MalwarebytesAdwCleaner on your Windows PC:
- MalwarebytesAdwCleaner download on the official website.
- Double-click on the downloaded .exe file and use the instructions to complete the installation.
- After installation, right-click on the icon MalwarebytesAdwCleaner and then select “Run as administrator” to open the program.
- In MalwarebytesAdwCleaner view, click on the button “Scan” to start the scanning operation.
- After the scan is complete, click the “Clean”.
- Now, select “OK” when prompted to reboot your computer to complete cleaning.
- Alternatively, you can run a full system scan on your Windows PC, using a powerful antivirus program like BitDefender (world Nr.1), Bullguard, Avast, and AVG to remove viruses and malware.
Solution 2: Run the SFC scan
System File Checker scans the file system is corrupt or missing and repairs them. Here’s how to process the SFC scan on a Windows 10 PC:
- Go to Start> type cmd> right-click Command Prompt> select Run as Administrator.
- Now, type the command sfc / scannow.
- Wait for the scanning process to complete and then restart your computer. All corrupted files will be replaced at the next reboot.
- Additionally, you can also use special tools, such as Ashampoo Win Optimizer and Iolo System Mechanic, to check file system corruption.