Welcome on how to install Windows 11 ultimate guide. Here you will discover all methods for Windows 11 installation and learn how to overcome installation problems.
After going through this guide, you will be able to:
- Learn all possible methods to install Windows 11 on your PC or laptop.
- Perform the installation process as fast and smooth as possible.
- Troubleshoot most common installation errors and fix them right away.
- Best tips and advices on how to properly install Windows 11 using best settings.
- Know all system requirements and things you need to prepare for installing Windows 11 on your device.
- Learn how to bypass or fix TPM 2.0 as well as Secure Boot problem, and install Windows 11 on an old PC or laptop with unsupported hardware.
Prepare things to install Windows 11
Before you actually start, there are some things that you need to prepare, including your burning desire to install this exciting OS on your device.
Here is what you essentially need.
- In case you have a DVD, you are almost ready to start installation.
- If you want to install Windows 11 using a USB flash drive (or memory card), you must have a USB flash drive having at least 8GB storage space, and a software to put those file on flash drive.
- An internet connection during installation, though not required, it will help you set things better.
Windows 11 System Requirements
Microsoft has introduced Windows 11 system requirements, most are okay but some requirements look crazy. Unless you have an expensive and latest laptop or PC, chances are you can’t meet the proposed system requirements for Windows 11.
But don’t worry, you can still install Windows 11 on your old computer with unsupported hardware requirements. First have a look at official system requirements to install Windows 11:
- An intel or AMD processor at least 8th generation (released in 2018 or later).
- 64GB free disk space
- 4GB RAM (physical memory)
- DirectX 12 compatible graphics card
- 9-inches or large screen having at least 720p resolution.
- TPM 2.0
- UEFI BIOS with Secure Boot
All possible ways to install Windows 11
Here is a list of almost all possible ways you can install Windows 11 on a computer.
- Windows 11 clean install
- Upgrade your existing Windows OS to Windows 11
- Install Windows 11 in VirtualBox (virtual machine)
- Dual boot Windows 11 with Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 or Linux (Ubuntu, Mint, Deepin, Fedora, and more), or even Android x86.
If you have an old or unsupported PC or laptop and encounter Windows can’t install on this device or something like so error message, you first need to learn how to install Windows 11 or old and unsupported hardware.
The core installation process is the same except for the initial steps which depend on any one of the methods mentioned in the list above.
Windows 11 Clean Install
Performing a clean installation of Windows 11 is usually the best, fastest, and most efficient way to install Windows 11 OS on a PC. All old stuff is erased and you have clean and fresh Windows 11 installed. Your PC feels new and Windows 11 performs blazingly fast to its best performance.
Things you will need for clean install:
- Windows 11 ISO file
- A USB flash or memory card (8GB at least)
First, make sure you have downloaded the latest Windows 11 ISO file. This file is actually a DVD image file which contains all required installation files and media content.
Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port of your PC or laptop.
You will need software that could make the USB bootable using the ISO file. We highly recommend Rufus, it’s free.