MSVCR71.dll files have been a part of the Windows operating system for a long time. However, these files sometimes get corrupted or missing and cause the MSVCR71.dll missing error on your system. Here are some methods to fix that issue.
How to solve the ‘MSVCR71.dll is missing’ error?
Run an SFC and DSIM scan :
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- After SFC is scanned, type in the DSIM command mentioned below.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Then let the command run and restart the PC
Replace the DLL file with a new one:
One thing you can do is copy the DLL file from another PC or download one from a trusted website and overwrite that file on the existing one in your system that is causing the MSVCR71.dll is missing error:
Download the VC++ Redistributable Package:
Users claim that the MSVCR71.dll error was fixed by downloading the VC++ Redistributable package.