Pcdrcui.exe being an important part of the Dell Support Center provides the benefit of proactive patches. However, now and then users are prompted with a pcdrcui.exe error as pcdrcui.exe gets corrupted sometimes but it can be fixed by following this step-by-step guide.
How to fix the pcdrcui.exe error?
Unblocking pcdrcui.exe in the firewall:
- Press and hold Windows key + R key
- The RUN dialogue box will appear
- Type firewall.cpl and click Ok
- Now choose Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall
- Next, click on Change Settings and then on Allow another app menu
- Then click Browse and look for pcdrcui.exe in the hard disk
- Now, head over to the Doctor toolbox present in the Program Files Folder
- Then click on Add and Ok
- Now try to run the program again
Run a full system scan:
Sometimes your system is infected with malware that tends to cause malfunctions in your system and errors as well, so a full system scan is essential for removing the malware threats from your computer. Follow the steps below to run a full system scan
- Go to the start menu and search defender
- Now double click and open the tool
- Then choose the shield icon
- Now click on Advanced Scan option
- Check the full system scan box
- Let the scan run and if you find any malware remove it
Run an SFC scan:
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- Let the command run and then restart the PC
If this article helped you in fixing the pcdrcui.exe error then, please your feedback in the comments section below.