It is possible that due to malicious security programs or deleted security programs, you get to see an error ‘backgroundcontainer.dll not found’ when you restart your PC. Well, we’ve found the ways to solve it and mentioned them below.
How to solve the Backgroundcontainer.dll not found error in Windows?
- Download AutoRun
- Create a folder like shown above on your boot drive
- Extract the AutoRun zip file to the folder you created above
- Open the folder and double click on AutoRun.exe.
- Then AutoRun will scan your files for scheduled tasks.
- When the scan is done, it will say Ready.
- Now press Ctrl + F
- In the find window, type backgroundcontainer.dll and click on Find Next.
- Now right click on backgroundcontainer.dll and select Delete.
- Now restart your PC and see if the error is fixed.
Manually delete scheduled tasks:
- Press Windows key + R key
- The RUN dialogue box will appear.
- Type control in the box and click Ok
- Then open the Task Scheduler.
- Now click on the Taskbar Scheduler library.
- Now right click on the entry Backgroundcontainer.dll
- Then select Delete
- Then close the Task Scheduler along with any other open programs.
- Now reboot your computer.
If the methods mentioned above don’t work, then the last thing you can do is download some useful Junkware removal tool and run it.