Windows can be restored to its default state, but sometimes this process becomes difficult for the users as Windows prompts you with a message: There was a problem resetting your PC. However, you don’t need to worry that you won’t be able to reset your Windows because you can fix it using this complete step by step guide.
How to fix the Windows resetting problem?
Perform an SFC and DSIM scan:
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- After SFC is scanned, type in the DSIM command mentioned below.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- After the command runs, restart your PC
Try using a boot-up CD or USB disk:
- Copy the Microsoft install files from Microsoft’s website and paste them on a CD or USB
- Then plug the USB or CD and click reset
- Follow the instructions appearing on the screen to complete the process
Perform a system restore:
- Press the Windows key + S key
- Now enter system restore.
- The select create a system restore point.
- Now click on the system restore button.
- The system restore window will appear on your screen. Click Next
- Now select the restore point of your choice and click Next to proceed.
- And follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
- Open the command prompt and run the following command:
- Let the command run and then restart the PC
This article is indeed a comprehensive guide with step by step instructions to resolve the Windows resetting issue, and we hope that it was helpful to you. By using this method, you were able to reset your Windows again.