When you’re trying to update your Windows OS, you may encounter the BSOD error. Here are some methods that will fix this black screen of death error on your Windows 10.
How to fix the black screen error on Windows 10?
Try blind log in:
- Wait for the cursor to appear
- Now press Ctrl on the keyboard
- Next, type password on your keyboard
- And hit Enter after that
- If the desktop doesn’t appear in 30 sec, then press Windows key + P and press the down arrow key 2 times and press Enter
Disable fast boot:
- Restart the PC many times during the boot sequence
- Now select Troubleshoot and then choose Advanced Options
- Head over to Startup Settings and click Restart
- After the PC restarts, select the right version of Safe Mode by pressing the appropriate key
Launch Startup repair:
- Restart your PC
- Open recovery window
- Then head over to the Troubleshoot option and select Advanced Options > Startup repair
- Next, follow the instructions given on the screen to complete the process
Remove battery laptop:
A lot of users report that removing the battery and draining its power can fix this issue. Here are steps for that:
- Disconnect the laptop from the adapter and remove the battery
- Then hold on the power button 30-60 seconds
- Now put the battery back on and restart your PC
BSOD errors are a bit crucial to fix, especially for people who aren’t that tech-savvy. So we hope that this step by step guide was helpful to you, and we’re sure it helped you fix the error completely.