There are various errors startup errors caused in Windows 10, but the most common and frequently appearing startup error is ‘can not find script file run.vbs’ which results in a pop-up dialogue box on a black screen. The reason for this error may be a malicious program trying to modify your computer’s registry, which in return causes this error. So how do we solve this error read? Below there are the solutions mentioned to this error.
How to fix the error ‘cannot find script file run. vbs’?
Use Windows Restore Point:
As the pop up is on a black screen, you can pretty much do nothing to find the malware that is leading to this error. So you’ve to run a system restore. You can do that by following the steps given below.
- Press Windows key + R key
- RUN box will appear on the screen
- Now enter the following command
- Now press the Enter key and click OK
- Now you’ve to choose a different restore location and click Next
- By ticking the show more restore dialogue point, you can choose any location you want to choose as your new restore point
- Now follow the further instructions on the screen to complete the process
Run the command prompt:
- Open start menu
- Then search ‘cmd‘
- Command Prompt option will appear. Click on it and run as administrator
- Then type in the following commands:
reg add “HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinlogon” /v “Shell” /t REG_SZ /d “explorer.exe” /f reg add “HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinlogon” /v “Userinit” /t REG_SZ /d “C:WindowsSystem32userinit.exe,” /f reg add “HKLMSoftwareWow6432NodeMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinlogon” /v “Shell” /t REG_SZ /d “explorer.exe” /f
- After you’ve run all the commands, restart your computer.
More Solutions to the error that you can try:
- System Scan
- Modify your registry to fix the error
- Perform DSIM and SFC scans
If you know other methods to resolve this error, mention them in the comments below!