To run your PC on multiple software, you need the windows.devices.smartcards.dll.But sometimes these files get corrupted or deleted, which causes the error ‘windows.devices.smartcards.dll’. These are some methods to resolve this issue.
How to fix Windows.devices.smartcards.dll is missing?
Method 1 [Run SFC]:
The files get corrupted now and then because frequent updates and so we can’t ignore the fact that most of the time, corrupted files cause such type of errors. To resolve this, you have to run SFC by following these steps:
- Press Windows key + X key
- Command Prompt window will open, choose, and run as an administrator.
- Type in the following command and press enter ‘sfc/scannow‘
- After the scan is complete, restart your PC.
Method 2 [Run a system restore]:
If you’re continually getting the error, then you could solve this problem by running a system restore. For that, follow the steps:
- Press the Windows key + S key
- Now enter system restore
- The select create a system restore point
- Now click on the system restore button.
- The system restore window will appear on your screen. Click Next
- Now select the restore point of your choice and click Next to proceed.
- Further, follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
Method 3 [Manually register the DLL files using PowerShell]:
- Press the Windows key + X key
- Open PowerShell and run as admin
- Them type in the following command:
regsvr32 /u Windows.Devices.SmartCards.dll ->
- And press Enter
- Now type the following command:
regsvr32 /i Windows.Devices.SmartCards.dll ->
- And press Enter again
- Close the PowerShell window and restart your PC
If you know other solutions, then mention them below in the comments!