Windows Installer needs to be upgraded error [SOLVED]
Microsoft Windows Installer is an important component of care for the installation of the application. Users have reported various problems with this service that includes error code such as Windows installer needs to be upgraded when upgrading to Windows 10 or later to install any software.
Why Windows Installer will not work and needs to be improved? Fix, especially, identify problems with Windows Installer. From there, you can move to a more troubleshooting. You should confirm that the Windows Installer service is not disabled or otherwise, download and run the MSI Repair Tool.
What to do if Windows Installer needs to be improved
1.Identifying issues of Windows
- Click on the search box in your taskbar Cortana, and type ‘cmd’ (without the quotes)
- Run Command Prompt by clicking on the top result
- In the Command prompt window, type ‘MSIEXEC’ (without the quotes), and press Enter
- This will open a window that will contain the results of the scan. It should look like this
2,Make sure your Windows Installer service is not disabled
- Cortana click on the search box, and type ‘services.msc’ (without the quotes)> press Enter.
- In the Services window, look for the Windows Installer in the list, and make sure it is set to Manual (If it is not set to manual, right click on it and change it from the Properties).
- Click OK to close Properties.
- Right-click on the service, and click Start.
- Re-trying to install or uninstall the software that you want to test whether the problem is fixed.
3.Download and run the MSI Repair Tool
- Download Repair Tool MSI official
- Run it and follow the instructions on the screen to scan and fix the problem as possible.
In this article, we explore some of the best problem-solving methods that can help you cope with a varied range of errors generate by the Windows Installer Service.