The yellow screen of death usually appears when ASP. NET web application faces a problem. This article is equipped with detailed step by step methods to fix the Yellow Screen of Death error on your Windows PC.
How to fix the Yellow Screen of Death error?
Boot in Safe Mode:
- Press Windows key + L key
- Open the power button menu and click on the restart while holding the shift key simultaneously
- Now in the boot options, click on troubleshoot
- Then click on Advanced Options and head over to Startup Settings
- Next, click on the restart button
- After your computer restarts, keep pressing the F5 key to enter the Safe Mode
- Now restart the computer in safe mode and check if the issue is resolved
Clean boot your computer:
- Press the Windows key + R key
- The RUN dialogue box will appear.
- Type MSConfig and press Enter
- Now head over to the services tab in the system configuration window and choose the hide all Microsoft services option.
- Now click the Disable all button.
- Now head over to the Startup tab and click open task manager.
- Now disable every startup item from the list.
- Now navigate back to the system configuration window and click apply.
- Click ok and save changes.
- After that, restart your PC and see if the issue is fixed
Update your graphic card driver:
- Press Windows key + X key
- Next, click on Device Manager
- head to Display Adapters section. Now find your graphic card driver
- Next, right-click on the driver and click on uninstall
- Then tick the Remove the driver software for this device box and click ok
- After the driver has been removed, Restart your PC
- Now go to your respective graphic driver’s site and download and install the latest drivers
If this article was helpful to you in fixing the yellow screen of death error then leave your feedback in the comments section below.